Monday, February 11, 2008

Valentines Card

Hi Everybody! I made this card last night. Just another Valentines card but I think it can be for any occasion.

Can you believe it but I just got over my bronchitis and a few days ago I started to have really bad stomach symptoms. I started to experience stomach ache, nausea/vomiting, etc. and I believe they're due to eating BAD chicken from Wings & Things. The morning after I ate the chicken, I started to feel really sick. My kids also had symptoms but their symptoms weren't as bad as mine. I haven't been able to eat for 2 days without feeling sick. Today, I finally was able to keep my breakfast down.

It's a little depressing. I was just starting to feel good after 2 weeks of being sick. Sorry for whining but I haven't been able to sit down and craft like I normally do. I have a few obligations and I feel like I'm behind again.



Anyway. . .this card was basically created with straight stamping. I did cut the heart image out and mounted them using foam tape. I used a lace ribbon because I thought it goes well with the heart design. It gives it a very feminine appearance, don't you think?

I used SU Always Stamp Set and inked it with Baroque Burgundy. I stamped the background on the Baroque Burgundy panel, with Vanilla Craft Ink. Other accessories used: lace ribbon (unknown), SU Key Tag punch.

Blogger is not allowing me to "spell check" so if you see typos and misspellings are due to my not being able to spell check my posts. . .:)

23 comments:

pescbrico said...

I'm sorry that you are sick again :(
your card is beautiful! I love those hearts!

Alhambra Club said...

Being sick is no fun, hope you are better soon. I love this card, those hearts are fantastic.

2 Worlds said...

This is beautiful !
I love lace ribbon arent they pretty ?

Lori said...

Maria, this is gorgeous! The images look great with the lace you used. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely card Maria! I am thinking about getting this set... I cna use it for different occasions, right? Hope you'll feel better soon! TFS!

Suzy said...

This is so stunning! Always is my favorite new set :)

I hope you feel better soon


Suzy

Ila said...

This is Sooo Beautiful!!..love it!!
Blogger is not spellchecking for me too.....lol...for a while I just thought I was Perfect!!..till I read the finished piece..eek!!...hope its working again soon.

kathleenh said...

Beautiful card Maria! I love the lace coming down the side and bottom of the card.

Betsy said...

Ugh, being sick is not fun. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

Oh I hope you are better real soon. Love your card, it is very, very sweet! I love the lace trim. Reminds me of the old fashion valentines. Darlene

Jennifer Reynard said...

Gosh darn, its no fun getting sick once let alone twice. Hope you are on the mend! Love your card.

Gabby said...

This is gorgeous Maria! I love it! Hope you're on the mend soon! It sucks being sickie!

P.S. Happy mail is coming your way and OMG I hope you like it! I used something you LOVE! ;)

Rita said...

This is such an elegant card...so beautiful! So sorry you've been sick, it's never fun to be ill. Hope you feel better soon.

Tracey said...

Love the lace embellishment. Lovely! ~:-)

Shannon McGann said...

I'm so sorry that you've been feeling so miserable. It's no fun being sick, is it? I hope you get over everything soon!

This Valentine's card is beautiful - that's great you were able to do some crafting while you've been sick. I love the colours you chose, and I love the lace details. Very pretty!

Blessings to you,
Shannon

Rita said...

Check out my blog Maria, I gave you the Excellent Blogger Award!

Diane said...

Sending you get well hugs!!!!
This card is stunning!!!

Becky G said...

I'm so sorry that you're not feeling well. Maria! Being sick is no fun! I hope you feel better soon.
I love your card! The lace with those hearts is fabulous! You always have terrific layouts!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

I saw this card yesterday, and was just too lazy to leave a message, but that's about to change. Your card is very very beautiful. I like how you put the two hearts together, and I like the sketch. Another masterpiece!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Gorgeous card! I think it could be for every day too. Those hearts are dreamy. So sorry to hear that you are feeling so awful! Hope you get better VERY soon, :0) Mel

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Oh Maria, being sick from food after you just started to feel better is awful! I hope you are better very quickly! This card is just gorgeous! I love it!

Michelle Pearson said...

This turned out very pretty....I especially like the hearts!!

Corie said...

This is just so PRETTY!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |