Saturday, February 2, 2008

Cards Made with Scrap Materials

I made these cards using just scraps and I mean just scraps. I have a huge ziplock back of stamped and colored images that I, for one reason or another, did not want to use.

Sometimes I'll pull out the images and fix or update them. I'm not sure why I never used this image because I think it looks fine. I'm not sure what I was thinking when I first made them over 2 to 3 years ago. Yup, you heard right. . .2 to 3 years ago. I save EVERYTHING.

Anyway. . .these cards are for a swap I participated in a while ago but the due date isn't until March. The swap is called "Project Scraps" that Gabby at "Confessions of a Stamper" is hosting. The swap is now closed but she is hosting the swap on SCS. I think she has other swaps in progress on SCS. The swap is to use only scrap items meaning cut up papers and embellishments that are piling up in a box somewhere in your craft room. . .and boy, I have a lot othem.

This card was created with a bunch of random images that were similar in color so I sort of slapped them all together. I think it came out okay.

I don't have any sketches for these cards because I just wanted to post them really quickly.


I believe I stamped and colored these images over 2 years ago. I used to experiment a lot when I first started stamping and when I didn't like how my experiment turned out, I would put them in a bag in hopes of salvaging them one day. Well this was the day. LOL! They really didn't need any salvaging. . .I guess I just didn't like how they looked at the time I stamped the images.

I made 3 more cards for the swap that I posted on Card Inspired because I didn't post anything on that site for 3 days. I'm on catch up mode. . .life is just so busy, I can't keep up.

Hopefully, I'll have time work on cards again tomorrow.
Until later, folks. . .

3 comments:

2 Worlds said...

They look great Maria

Rita said...

I luv the card with the window sunset with the dragonfly's outside, thats beautiful! Your doing a great job with the scrap cards Maria!

saucygoat said...

Wow, you save scraps from 2-3 years ago! That's amazing. I'm always throwing things out. I guess I'm missing out on some treasures. I really like the first card that looks like a sunset.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |