Friday, February 8, 2008

Candy Bar Holder - Door Hanger


Hi Everybody!! Happy Friday to y'all!! I made these candy holder using a door hanger with a pouch. I traced the door hanger on to a designer paper.

I stamped the flower using Close to My Heart Rustic Flowers set and the sentiment from "Love is" using Close to My Heart Watermelon, Blush, and SU Sage Shadow. I used K&Co Designer Paper and CTMH Big Brads Spring Collection.

I then cut the image and using the curve of the scissors, curled the flower.

I need your opinion. . .which do you think look better. . .the flower in the center or to the side like the sample below?






This one has the flower to the side. I'm not sure which I like better. . .the flower in the center or to the side. I have to make 4 of these for my daughter's teachers.

I wrapped the candy bar with regular printer paper and stamping the images on to the paper. Cardstock is too stiff to use as a wrapper.







This is a close up of the flower. I love cutting my flowers and curling them.

12 comments:

Tina said...

Hi Maria,
today I received your gorgeous SWAP!
Thanks a lot for the ingenious cards. In kind they are even more
beautiful then the images of it.
I love your execution.
The amazing embellishments are perfectly wonderful!


Hugs and kisses
your "little sista" Tina

Cindy said...

Hi Maria, I think I like the flower off-center. It appeals more to my eye, anyway. Maybe because you can really see the curled petals of the flower, rather than looking at it straight on.

Rita said...

I like the flower off center better!

2 Worlds said...

they both look great, but if i have to say one the center one :)

Joani McDonald said...

Wonderful job! I just love that flower! And the pouches are really cool!
Hugs,
Joani

wandykj said...

I love the idea of curling the flower petals, I've never tried that. Thanx for all the great ideas! Both pouches are cute!

Ila said...

Wow!! what a great idea!!..love them both and the way you curled the flower!!

Lori said...

This is such a great way to share a treat. I think I like the flower centered better.

ScrapMomOf2 said...

I like it off center, but both are great! I love the colors, and I love the way you curl the flower! Fantastic!

Ana Baird said...

what a great idea! They're fabulous!

Sara Henton said...

You're right that one is hard to decide. I like them with the flower both ways.

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

What a great idea. Beauty and Chocolate: two of the best things in the world! :0) Mel

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |