Saturday, December 6, 2008

Christmas Bunnies


Hey Everyone!! Last night at 8:20, we had a mini earthquake - 5.5 magnitude. If I was still living in Hawaii, I would have ran out of the house pronto but I've become sort of accustomed to these little shakes since living in California. Actually, I was the only one who felt the house shake . . .my husband and kids were clueless.

I was sitting down making a card and all of a sudden, my stamp pad caddy began shaking and the chime hanging on my door knob began "chiming". . . I ran out and I yelled to my kids and husband. . ."hey, I think we're having an earthquake" and they just looked at me then resumed whatever they were doing.

So, to prove I wasn't crazy, I looked it up on the Internet and yup, I wasn't going nuts. . .there was an earthquake! But, it was no big deal! As long as our house don't fall into the fault, we're okay. Temecula has a fault segment running through the town. . .it's part of the Elsinore Fault Zone.

Anyway. . .I colored this image while watching television in dim lighting and when I brought it up to my room in better lighting, well. . .it wasn't blended very well so I tried to fix it and it ended up darker than I wanted. Do you see the guy on the right. . .well, it looks like he was in the sun for too long! LOL!!! I could have ligthen him up with a blender pen but I was too lazy to fix it. Oh, well. . .remind me not to color in low lighting. . .okay.

I'll post the detail of the card later. I left the stamp downstairs in the family room so I can't tell you who makes this stamp.

Hope you are having a fabulous Saturday!!


15 comments:

Jules said...

Well, I like you rcoloring! It is nice and vibrant!
Such a cute card, looks bright like a cartoon!!!

My goodness, I don't know if I could get "used" to earth quakes! Glad you and your fam are ok!!!
Hang on out there eh?

Tina said...

Oh my word, this is incredibly gorgeous! Your coloring is fantastic, low lighting or not.
Glad you and your family are of after the quake, how scary!

de said...

This is so beautiful! The detailed coloring is amazing! You're like my paper craft hero... how do you do all that you do?!

Elena said...

Maria... I hope you and your family are all right... I never been in the palces with an earth quake...
Your card is so cute! I don't see anything wrong with the coloring!

L.A. said...

Aren't earthquakes fun? I know what you mean about getting used to them. I grew up in the San Gabriel Valley (La Puente and West Covina) and remember a few big ones.

If you hadn't pointed out the suntanned bunny, I wouldn't have noticed.

KeeponScrappin said...

Beautiful Maria! Wow even in the dark light, you're cards are beautiful. As good as you are, you could probably make a card blind folded and in the pitch dark. heehe

Rina said...

OMGosh...such a cheerful card. The images are too cute and the coloring, awesome job.

Marja Sch said...

I think your coloring is fabulous. The dark bunny makes a nice difference. I hope everything is well after the earth quake. We don't have them overhere. Hugs Marja

Ellie said...

QUE earthquake.. OH MAN Maria! lol the only shaking I want to feel is when I am going to get on the train! lol.. but its funny you say that because where my mom lives I remember when I was little people would say HEY the building is shaking but it was because the train station is across the street from her house so we were use to it and we didn't even know the train had passed! so I could see how your DH &kids didn't even feel it too lol Love the coloring on your card beautiful! :)


-Ellie

CreativeMish said...

That would freak me out. We had an 8.0 earthquake in the early 80's It was about 200 miles from Boise but things were flying off the shelves and desks were sliding across the floor. Freaky!

Your card is fabulous!

Kim Burmeister said...

Maria, this card is awesome! I love your coloring. Sooooooo cute!

Diane said...

I'd rather have our snow than earthquakes,yikes!!!!
Love your bunnies and bears,they are soooo cute Maria!!!

Risa said...

Oh Maria your card is beautiful and your colors are so vibrant!!! Super great job!
I can't imagine what an earthquake feels like and I think I would run out of my house too! I'm glad that it wasn't serious and that all is well.
Hugs
Risa:)

Jelly Bean said...

Maria your coloring is beyond anything I have ever seen you make colors go together that I surely couldn't.
As far as earth quakes I think that you need to become a "Snow Bunny".

Rihani said...

Awww! What a cute card! Love the bright vibrant colours :)

Glad to hear that you and your family are ok after the earthquake! Sounds scary

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |