Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Bubs the Beaver



Hi Everyone!! I'm baaaaack! Yosemite was so fun and would love to vacation there again maybe in the summer. We had a memorable Thanksgiving there. I was going to post more pictures of our trip but I didn't want to bore you!! LOL! I spent yesterday . . .guess what. . .researching more colleges for my daughter. Argggh! It's such a difficult decision.


I decided to take a break today from all the college stuff and work on some cards. I decided to work on a card using "Our Craft Lounge - Bubs the Beaver" stamp set. Initially when I stamped the image, I was thinking "hmmmm, Bubs look a bit annoyed" and was wondering why. Then when I looked at the sentiments. . .I thought "oh, okay. . .now it makes a lot of sense". I thought it was because I had set the frogs next to him and Bubs felt they were taking the spotlight away from him! LOL!! You know those beavers. . .they can be self-centered and such!!




As you can see. . .I had added the frogs and set them next to Bubs. I colored the image once again using my Copic Markers! I'm using the same sketch from a previous post because I posted the sketch on Our Craft Lounge forum. . .go check it out! You can check "Our Craft Lounge" store and purchase this set by clicking on the banner below:




As for the designer paper. . .I had a bunch of scrap pieces and decided to use them. They're not coordinated. . .just whatever I had that matched in colors. I had to add the pink because I had colored the frog's heart pink . . .I wasn't sure about the color combo but ahhhhh, who cares, right?
Anyway. . .I'm off to make a few Christmas cards! I also have a few RAKs that I received from such a couple sweet gals that I'll post later today. I'll tell you more about them later...

Hope y'all have a fabulous day!



Card Details:

Stamps: Our Craft Lounge Bubs the Beaver
Paper: MME designer paper, K&Co Designer paper, SU Pink Passion, Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Copic Markers, SU Chocolate Chip, Tim Holtz Distress ink, SU Pastels, Sakura Opaque Pen
Accessories: SU Word Window Punch, Fiskar Sunflower Scissors, Coluzzle Oval Template, Organdy ribbon, JoAnn heart brads

12 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Super cute card Maria! Love those images... your coloring is great. TFS!

Memories of Time said...

SHAZAM! This is SOOOO awesome Maria! I LOVE your sketch, but this card is TO DIE FOR! LOVE those frogs on the log with the Beav. YOU ROCK!!

Jules said...

Cute!!! Veryy very cute!
love the addition of the cards next to him too!

AnnMarie said...

Great card! Silly attention greedy beaver! LOL I like the color combo! Welcome back! : )

de said...

This is soooo cute! I love the sentiment! Your details and embellies are beautiful as always!

2 Worlds said...

Love this card Maria the stamp set is very cute !

Jan Scholl said...

well as soon as we get a check, guess what set I have to buy? Hubby collects beavers-its his scout cult name. Hopefully they are good on shipping because if I have to buy 100 bucks worth for free shipping, I am so in trouble.

Cindy Haffner said...

Adorable.

Anonymous said...

Oh Maria, this is just darling. The images are fun. I really like the colours; they really pop!

Ila said...

Oh My!! I love this card!! Super Cute and the stamps are Fabulous!!..Hugs, Ila

Rina said...

Beautiful card Maria!

Elena said...

Love the story for the card! The beaver is so adorable!So as the frogs! Love the colors you used!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |