Sunday, December 14, 2008

Love Birds Valentine Card


Hi Everyone! Not a Christmas card today but a Valentines one! Hey, Valentines is right around the corner! LOL!

I created this card using "Our Craft Lounge - For the Love of Birds" stamp set. I colored the image using my Copic Markers. The layout was inspired by my scrap pieces. . .do you see the white embossed layer. . .well, it was a remnant of a full piece that I had used for another card. I didn't want to waste it so I saved it! LOL! Actually, it worked out in the end. I have a tendency to save everything and sometimes they come in handy for another project but many times, they remain in my scrap pile for years!

Yup, you heard it correctly. . .YEARS!! I guess I'll throw them away one day when I feel I really don't need them any more.

Now that Christmas is almost over. . .I can't believe I said that but yup, people. . .it's almost over. So sad. . . .it feels like it just begun! I can't believe it.

There's really nothing much else to say about the card other than the image is a really cute image for Valentines. Be sure to stop by Our Craft Lounge and check out their cute stamps!!






Card Details:

Stamps: Our Craft Lounge -For the Love of Birds
Paper: DCWV Luxury Stack, SU Green Galore, Pretty In Pink, Rose Red, White Glossy
Ink: Copic Markers, SU Pixie Pink
Accessories: Fiskar mini scallop scissors, Martha Stewart Border Punch, CB embossing folder, JoAnn square brads, Marvy 2.5" punch, 3" Scallop Punch, Organdy ribbon, SU Key Tag Punch





12 comments:

Rita said...

Beautiful card Maria! Luv the added touch of that embossed piece! Years...yikes!!! I need to go through my scrap pile & get rid of the real tiny pieces that I thought I would use someday to punch out shapes but never seem to reach for them though. Your Queen of the scraps & you do create such wonderful cards with your scraps, you blow me away with those scrap cards you make!

2 Worlds said...

Maria beautiful card ! When I get bored of my scraps I donate to my art group, they love it !

Laurel said...

This is so pretty! Love the paper!

Shelly said...

Beautiful card, Maria! I love the colors you chose.

Memories of Time said...

Maria.. man, you are DA bomb girlie! LOVE this layout! :) You rocked those birds! :)

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Maria, suc a cute image and i love the wonderful colour scheme. Hugs Nikki x

retiredheather said...

Great card Maria. Love the sketch.
Happy Holidays
Heather

Diane said...

Oh how tweet Maria! You make them all so beautiful! Love your cards girl!

Lisa Olson said...

Aw this is simply adorable Maria.

Eva said...

This is adorable and I love your sketch!!!

Elena said...

Very pretty Valentine's card! Good way of using those scraps! Wow! Really Christmas is almost over!

AnnMarie said...

Such a great layout and pretty card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |