Sunday, December 21, 2008

House Mouse Christmas Card #2 and Confession


Hey Everyone!! Ooh, a few more days and it's Christmas! OMG!! It came so fast!

I decided to work on a few more House Mouse Christmas cards . . .I decided to color the image with my Copic Markers. At first I wasn't happy with the results with the Copic Markers but it sort of grown on me. LOL!

I still have a few more things to do. We have a Christmas party on Tuesday and I need to make a few favors and clean the house. Too funny! I do clean the house regularly but I need to REALLY clean the house.


Are you the same way? Do you super clean your house only when guest are going to be coming over to your house?

Yesterday my husband asked me for Christmas cards to send to his side of his family and his friends and I was like "ummm, I thought you were going to send them bought cards?". . .he was like "no, why would I send them bought cards when you make them?". . ..I'm like "but, I just made enough for my friends!" LOL! I gave the cards to him because well, he is the financer of the materials to make the cards so. . .what can I say? "No?" I don't think so considering I need him to continue to support my crafting needs.

Honestly. . .for those who receive my cards and goodies. . .the person to thank is actually my husband. All the goodies I send out was financed by him. . .I just make the stuff! I have to say I'm blessed to have a husband who don't mind paying for all the things I send out including blog candies, gifts, etc. .

Needless to say. . .I'm now short of Christmas cards so I have to make more of them which by the way is a bit too late in the game. Argggh! That's okay. . .I'll make them anyway. . .better late than never, huh?!

I have to make a confession. . .remember all the gift sets that I created? Well, I had an initial list of people to send to then my list grew longer. I sent out the ones I already made and realized I have to make more of them.

So. . .back to churning them out but rather than as a "Christmas gift". . .they'll be more like an "After Christmas gift". LOL! Besides, when I went to the post office yesterday, the post man told me that the stuff I sent may not make it in time for Christmas, especially the ones sent outside of the Continental US. So sorry about that! I'm late . . .as always.

Anyway. . .hope y'all are having a fabulous day!!



Card Details:
Stamps: House Mouse, Stampin Up
Paper: DCWV Designer paper, SU Real Red, Old Olive
Ink: Copic Markers
Accessories: SU 1 3/8" circle punch, Fiskar mini scallop scissors, SU Crystal Effects, Ribbon (?), JoAnn Brad, Prima Flowers


12 comments:

2 Worlds said...

Beautiful card Maria...
humm about money my opinion is different, and maybe because my H always say to me, money is for both, so the money is yours too.
You dont work to win the money, but you work to give peace of mind so he can work, so both do work.
This is what I think

Deb said...

very cute card Maria, love the sweet house mouse image. Happy Holidays to you and your family!

Rita said...

Your too funny! I'm in the same boat as you! My hubby finances all of my stuff as well, I may be retired along with him but I can't collect for another 4 years so I need him to support my habit, hehehe!!!

This card is so beautiful Maria! I'm really not ready yet for Christmas, still have lots to do & yes like you I REALLY clean when I know people are coming over otherwise I just dust & vacuum! Wishing you & your family a Merry Christmas!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

I love those lil' mice! Such a beautiful card!!!
I clean the same way! I'm always 'cleaning up' and organizing... but a real cleaning is always done right before company, lol!
...and we're on the same page as far as finances go... except I like to think of it as I'm also earning the $, 'cause without all the things I do - nobody would be happy and nothing would get done ;)
TFS!!!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ellie said...

OK you are soo making me want to go get those images and give it a try .. I'm actually in the middle of swaps.. I am forever doing card swaps.. once I finish this one I am going to give the Mouse a try! :) Yours are soo beautiful!

(((HUGS)))

-Ellie

Dawn Easton said...

Oh Maria, your card is so cute...what an adorable image! love the fun DP too!
LOL my husband is very supportive of my habit and buys most of my stuff too ;) I only work part time at my daughter's school so it doesn't quite cover my costs...lol
Happy Holidays to you and your family!

KeeponScrappin said...

Super cute card Maria. I actually have days when I clean and days when I REALLY clean. It all depends on my mood. I'm lucky to have wonderful girls that help me clean and even cook. Natalie, my mini me scrapper loves to cook all the time. She's really good too.

I'm very lucky to have my husband that not only provides all my scrapbooking stuff but totally supports it too. He even goes to the scrap stores to pick up stuff for me if I'm too busy or just lazy. lol. I LOVE my hubby. :)

Daffodil Nellie said...

Maria I have entirely the opposite problem. He moans about my crafting goodies hogging the dining table but then in laws send their card requests to him for me to make. Maybe one of my resolutions should be to start charging him for each card made as he only depletes my stash? Good job its christmas and I am not a scrooge! LOL Christmas Wishes Daffodil PS I still haven't finished making christmas cards for my family I wonder why?

Ila said...

Gorgeous card Maria!! your hubby sounds like mine....a definite keeper....Since I don't bring in an income any more...I am very Thankful for him...I'm with ya' on the housecleaning....If company is coming I'm in a mad rush to clean more thoroughly...otherwise I have this coasting way of cleaning...so I still have time to Stamp!!..lol..

Elena said...

Very beautiful card, Maria!
I also blessed to have a husband who supports me in my crafting world.

Vicki G said...

WOW!!! This is gorgeous!!!!!!! So Rich Looking.. ...Happy Holidays!

Vicki

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |