Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Gift Ensemble #1

Happy Tuesday, Everyone! I've been busy. . .shopping, wrapping gifts, and creating gifts! I'm sorry I haven't stopped by your blogs and said "hello". . .it's just that are so many things I need to get done so I can actually relax and enjoy the holidays. I've been busy working on these projects so I can send them out before Christmas.

Every year, I create a set of gift ensemble that I stick to. . .it's much easier to create the same sets so I can get a rhythm. It's difficult to create a variety of things because I spend more time thinking about what I can create than to actually create them so during Christmas, I decide on three types of projects, usually a card, a scrappy item, and a gift bag. . .then I create them for everyone that I'm going to give these gifts to. I try to make them a little different for each person but I stick to the same projects

Anyway. . .here is the first set. My goal is to make at least 10 sets this year. I'm up to #4 so I actually have 6 to go. Argggh!! In this picture, it shows the card and mini purse album. I forgot to add the gift bag in the picture but I already sent this set out already so I can't take a picture of it. You can see it in the first picture above.


I heat embossed the Christmas bird image using SU Real Red embossing powder. The image is from a Christmas Inkadinkado set and the sentiment is by SU.

You can't really see it in the picture but I filled in the flowers with metallic gel pen to have the flowers and snowflakes stand out a bit.



Here is the inside of the mini purse album. The pockets were created using CD Sleeves. I'll be posting the rest of the projects each day because there's something a little different each one.



Oh, I wanted to show you the boxes I sent out yesterday to my family. Inside are multiple gifts that I wrapped. Argggh!! I then had to wrap the packages with postal paper. I stayed up late the other night so I could get them out yesterday.
Believe it or not, the postal cost for the 5 boxes totaled $103. Argggh! I was so bummed out about the cost to ship all of the boxes to Hawaii. One of the boxes cost $35. Sheesh, I could have bought an extra gift with the cost of that box alone.

My husband told me that I should send gift cards instead but honestly, I don't like sending gift cards. . .first, it shows the cost of the gift card and I find them a bit impersonal. I like the idea that "I" chose the gift personally. . .with the person in mind. You know what I mean? It's just that the shipping cost sort of "waste" what could have been an extra gift or more expensive gift to that person. I told my husband that I'll pick lighter gifts next year! LOL!


Card and project details:

Stamps: Inkadinkado, SU
Paper: SU Real Red, Bliss Blue (I think), DCWV designer paper (I think)
Ink: Versamark Ink, Bordering Blue, Real Red, Sakura Metallic gel pen
Accessories: Ribbon (?), Making Memories brads, SU Large Oval Punch, Fiskar mini scallop scissors, Prima flowers

17 comments:

Stephenie said...

Your such a wonderful person! Truly you are. Sooooo sweet. Hugs to you.

2 Worlds said...

Maria I barely can finish my cards
This packages are all so beautiful !

Gift cards I like to receive sometimes, because I received gifts before that there's nothing to do with me.

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

I haven't even put a dent in my Christmas card list!
Your work is amazing!!! So thoughtful of you to make such beautiful things for everyone ;)
Thanks for taking the time to share with us!

Catherine said...

O-M-G, Maria!!!! These are so beautiful!!!! I am at a loss for words, other than 'Beautiful!' LOL!
Totally stunning! I can't believe how awesome these are!

Savitri said...

Wow, lots of beautiful stuff!!! Love what you have on display!!

Yes, I'm not a fan of GCs either. Light and convenient but I like picking things for ppl and hope that they know I put a lot of thought into what I chose no matter what the cost is.

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous gift sets Maria and I love your sketch, I know what you mean about sending gifts and have also spent a fortune at the PO, Hugs, Nikki x

Becky Carafa said...

These are all beautiful, but I think the red set is my fave!

specialcraftmom4 said...

Your gift sets are just beautiful!!!! I know how it is to ship gifts to family. I also hate the gift cards!

retiredheather said...

Wow these are really beautiful. I love how you make the coordinated sets.
Happy Holidays
Heather

Ellie said...

I was just saying today that I know how the elves feel in the North Pole! lol I have working non-stop and am tired but happy all in one! lol.. I have NEVER done any crafts as gifts for Christmas so this is very interesting to say the least.. WOW.. you pack so wonderful I think I need a gift wrapping class cause my wrapping OH you don't want to see it! lol..

HUGS to you love!

-Ellie

de said...

These are so beautiful! I think the green is my fav!

Rita said...

These hand made gifts are fabulous & oh so pretty! Luv those cards, all so different but so gorgeous, you put so much work into your creations & thats what makes them so special! You can see the luv that you put into everything you create Maria! You are one gifted artist!!!
Wow thats a lot of money for mailing but I agree with you I like to buy gifts & put some thought into what I buy for each person that receives a gift from me, it adds that personal touch of getting something special.

Diane said...

Oh Maria,Those are gorgeous! The recipients will be so happy!
They are so special and colorful!

Anonymous said...

Oh..these are so neat. I love the little purse. Could you show us how you made it?!?! Thanks

Ila said...

Wow..You are Amazing Maria!! these are all Gorgeous!!...I know what you mean by the GC and the postal rates (kind of takes the fun out of Christmas)..Happy Holidays!!..Hugs, Ila

Elizabeth *^..^* said...

Maria! These are STUNNING!! What a fabulous job you did!! And the merlot/burgundy colored set with the snow swirled deer looks like a rich velvet fabric. However did you achieve that affect?? Is it fabric? GORGEOUS!!

Elena said...

Wow! You are busy Maria!
Love your gift sets! So beautiful!
I understand you about the shipping cost... It cost even more to send something to my family to Russia...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |