Friday, December 5, 2008

PCP Sketch Challenge SK112908

Hi Everyone!! I decided to participate in a sketch challenge. I haven't participated in one for such a long time. This one is at Paper Craft Planet - Group Sketch Challenge - SK112908. I posted the sketch below. It's not exactly like the sketch because I had made one of the panels too large and only realized it after I set it on to the card base but hey, close enough!! LOL!


There's quite a few things going on with this card.

  • Stamp and heat emboss the snow flakes using white embossing powder on the SU Blue Bayou panel.
  • Run the SU Blue Bayou cardstock through a snowflake CB embossing folder.
  • Mat the panel on to SU Pnk Pirouette and white card stock.
  • Punch the corners with my SU Ticket corner punch - do this before matting the cardstocks.
  • For the background panel, run the SU Not Quite Navy card stock through the snowflake CB Embossing Folder.
  • Rub SU Vanilla Craft ink directly on to the raised embossing.
  • Apply SU Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder then heat emboss it.
  • Mat the panel on to the SU Pink Pirouette card stock
  • Punch the corners with SU Ticket Corner Punch - do this before matting the cardstock..
  • With the circle center, stamp the snowflake image with SU Not Quite Navy Craft Ink.
  • Apply SU Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder and heat emboss it.
  • Punch the image out using the Marvy 2.5" circle punch
  • Mat over a white cardstock and cut the scallops using a scallop scissors.
  • Mount the SU Filigree Brad to the center.
  • Mount to the front panel with foam tape.
  • Thread Embroidery Floss through the buttons and adhere to the card base.
  • Apply Stickles to parts of the snowflake.
  • Follow the rest of the sketch for placement

If you're not busy. . .try out the sketch and post it on Paper Craft Planet. Be sure to tag it as SK112908. Click Here to check out the sketch and instructions.


You're like. . .wow, you actually gave instructions to your card. LOL! Why? Well because I actually made something that didn't just require "stamping and coloring". Lately . . .well, for the past months I've been really lazy. I've been making cards that primarily used designer paper and coloring of the image so I really ddin't think they required any instructions.

Anyway, not to get off the subject but my allergies returned with a vengeance today. I think I know what the source was . I thought it was very peculiar. . .



I think I have a food allergy from a specific restaurant that I eat at. I haven't eaten at that restaurant for at least 3 weeks and I haven't had any major allergy attacks for just about the same time.

Today, I grabbed some food there and after I ate, I immediately started sneezing, my nose running, having headaches, and shortness of breath. I was like. . ."wow, how weird". My allergy returned so suddenly. I don't know if it's a coincidence but it's so strange that my allergies had been non-existence since I haven't eaten at this place. I usually eat there once a week every other week or so because I love their food. I had suspected I may be allergic to their food but I just didn't have a solid connection.

Well, I'm back to my bad allergic state again. It has been so good for the past weeks. It was so nice to be allergy free.

I'll test out my theory. . .I won't eat there for several weeks and eat there again and see if my allergy goes away and returns.


Card Details:


Stamps: Inkadinkado

Paper: SU Not Quite Navy, Blue Bayou, Pink Pirouette, White

Ink: SU Vanilla Craft Ink, Not Quite Navy Craft Ink

Accessories: SU Iridescent Ice embossing powder, White embossing Powder, SU Ticket Corner Punch, Marvy 2.5" circle punch, Fiskar mini scallop scissors, SU Filigree brad, Stickles Glitter, CB embossing folder

12 comments:

Diane said...

Oh poor you! I hope it's not the restaurant,especially if it's one you enjoy to go! But then again,you would know not to go if it is that! Hmmmmm!!!
Your card is splendid Maria,love all the details and work into it~!

Elena said...

Oh, Maria... Really, really sorry that you have this allergy... May you should go to the doctor and they can make some tests. Hope that you will feel better soon.
I have this stamp set! But I would never think of making a card like this! Really love all the layers and CB embossing!

Rihani said...

Hi Maria
It's been a while since I last commented on your blog...sorry! :)
Just wanted to say that I love your cards!! They are just gorgeous and I find your work to be very inspiring! :)
I have been watching your video tutorials and they are fantastic! You are one talented lady :) I have signed up to your feed so I can keep up with your posts LOL!
Hope all is well with you
Take care :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry your allergies are bothering you again. Hope you will soon feel better. Love your card. TFS
JoAnn scrappingnana4@yahoo.com

CreativeMish said...

Beautiful card! You did alot of work on it! I hope its not a food alergy! That wouldnt be fun..

Stephenie said...

Sorry your allergies are getting the best of ya! I love your card though. You always have something so nice to look at!
Hugs,
Stephenie

Jules said...

I am in love with this card!!!
I love the colors so much, it is just stunning!
Hope you feel better soon!

Rina said...

Sorry you aren't feeling well. Get better soon.

This card is gorgeous. Such a great card of variations. The blue is awesome.

Cindy Haffner said...

Wow wow wow I'm in love with this card.

Risa said...

This is a beautiful card and I love everything about it!!!!

Risa said...

I'm sorry to hear about your allergies Maria and I hope you feel better soon:)

Teri said...

Love all of the detail going on this card! Great colors too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |