Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Holly Jolly Christmas - OCC Sketch Challenge


Hi Everyone! I originally posted this card on my Stampin Inspirations Club site but I'm reposting it here because I decided to play along with a sketch challenge!

Which sketch challenge? Well. . .the sketch challenge at Our Creative Corner. Why don't you guys participate. . .there's a prize to be given out. I'm not motivated by the prize because quite honestly, I rarely win anything! LOL! I just really liked the sketch!

I rarely participate in challenges but lately I've been wanting to do some and I've been enjoying it. I think I'll continue to play more!


Anyway. . .I created this card using the Stampin Up "Holly, Jolly Christmas" set. To create the Santa image as shown in the picture, I added the instructions below.

Instructions:
  • Stamp the Santa image twice. One with black ink and the other with the "Real Red" ink.
  • With the red colored image, cut out Santa's cap and coat.
  • Mount over the black colored image, using foam tape or SU Dimensionals.
  • To create the puffy beard, add "Liquid Applique" (you find it in the fabric paint section of your local craft store) to the image.
  • Heat emboss the Liquid Applique to create the "puffy" look.



Anyway, I hope y'all a wonderful time this holiday season.

Card Details:

Stamp set: Holly, Jolly Christmas
Paper: Holiday Treasures Designer Paper, Real Red, Old Olive, Certainly Celery
Ink: Real Red, Basic Black
Accessories: Basic Grey Brads, American Craft Elements ribbon, Martha Stewart Border Punch, SU Snowflake punch, 1/2" circle punch, Liquid Applique, Stickles Glitter




15 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Cool girl, so glad you played with us. Love Santa!!!!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Super cute card Maria! Love the colors, the way you did the colorful ribbons... TFS!

Teri said...

Hi Maria! Love this cute Santa card!!

Marja Sch said...

You did a wonderful job with this sketch. I love this Christmas card.Hugs Marja

Diane said...

Oh Maria,Love both your cards! You did an amazing job like always!!
Love all the ribbon on your Santa card!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Sooo cute!!!
Thnx for sharing how you did Santa's beard! I must try it too ;)

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Wow Maria, this is such a gorgeous card hun. Hugs Linda x

Hope you are well and you are on top of your christmas preparations. I still havn't started the dreaded wrapping, can you send me some motivation please? x

Lindsay Spencer said...

WOW! You are one amazing artist!! I love all your creations. I just subscribed to your blog. I can't wait to see what else you do.

Cathrine StClair said...

Very cute! I love the double snowflake - its just perfect there.

Anonymous said...

Really cute card. TFS
JoAnn scrappingnana4@yahoo.com

Ila said...

Super Cute and Fabulous!!..I love this happy Santa!!...Happy Holidays!!...Ila

Elena said...

This Santa is adorable! Love the the idea with the ribbons!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh Maria, this is fabulous!!! Love your Santa...he's so cute! So glad you played along with us! I'm just catching up this morning on blog posts while I have my coffee...hehe!
Sorry I haven't been around much the past couple of weeks...this volunteer stuff is keeping me hopping!
Have a FAB weekend!

Lise Roy said...

Gorgeous!
Love the colors!!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

How awesome! I love santa in the dimension & his puffy beard too. Supah Cute! :O)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |