Thursday, December 11, 2008

Swirly Birdie Christmas



Hi Everyone! Happy Thursday! I'm still working on my Christmas cards. Are you done with your Christmas shopping? My goal is to finish by this weekend and send them out to my family and friends and other parts of the US by Monday or Tuesday. That's the goal. . .we'll see what happens!!

Inkadinkado has some really cute swirly Christmas images like this one. I heat embossed the image with silver embossing powder. It gives the image a shiny metallic appearance.

I colored in the snowflakes on the image using Sakura metallic gel pen. I really love the Sakura gel pens. They work so nicely especially on dark card stock

Anyway. . .I don't really have time to chit-chat so this post will be short again!!

I hope y'all have a fabulous day!!!
Card Details:

Stamps: Inkadinkado
Paper: SU Blue Bayou, Bliss Blue, Silver metallic, Bsic Grey designer paper, Sakura metallic gel pen
Ink: Versamark, Blue Bayou
Accessories: Prima flowers, K&CO fabric brads, Martha Stewart border punch, SU Ticket corner punch.

25 comments:

Joy said...

love the regal colors...so bold and so elegant at the same time. great job...the card is lovely!

2 Worlds said...

Great card Maria !

Vicki G said...

Oh my Goodness!!! Your card is just Beautiful!!!! WOW!!!!!! Very very very pretty!!!!


Vicki

CreativeMish said...

I have this set and haven't used it yet. THanks for the inspiration!

Janna said...

OMG!!! This is absolutely stunning!! I love your colors and glittering!! Amazing work!

Smiles,
Janna

KeeponScrappin said...

Wow Maria! That is sooooo pretty.

Cindy Haffner said...

Wow Maria love that birdie and love the colors, you know I always love your colors, you always make them rock. I always love your layouts too, you rock girl.

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Sooo pretty and elegant!
I just bought embossing materials - I cannot wait to give it a try :) I hope it looks half-way close to this ;)
TFS!!!

Sharon Caudle said...

Wow!!! This is beautiful! The colors are sooo rich! Love it!! Finished with my shopping? I'm trying to figure out if you're trying to make me laugh or cry! LOL! Good luck with your goal! hugs!

Anonymous said...

i love the birdie. so beautiful. and the swirl just adds something extra to it. very good.

Becky G said...

Wow! This is so amazing, Maria! So beautiful!!!!

Shemaine Smith said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog Maria!! Beautiful cards.

Rina said...

This card is beautiful, as always. You have such an eye for color and layout. I love it!

Mariska said...

Wow this is just gorgeous Maria! absolutely breathtaking!

xxx
Mariska

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, beautiful work!

de said...

SO beautiful! Congrats on your DT nomination for Pink Cat too!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Beautiful card Maria and just love the colour scheme and the beautiful flower and centre. Congratulations too and looking forward to working with you at PCS, Hugs, Nikki x

Keri Lee Sereika said...

What a beautiful card! I really like the embossing and then the added pop of color!

Elena said...

Absolutely beautiful card! Love the silver embossing here!

Lise Roy said...

Congratulations!!!
I am so excited to be on the team with you at PCS.
Your cards are gorgeous!

Little C's Creations said...

this is so pretty... i haven't finished doing my shopping, mailing or creating.. i don't know where my goals are... boo hoo... I'm just going with the flow. I need to HURRY UP!!!

Hugs,
Jen

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I love the silver embossing combined with the metallic gel pens!

Rita said...

Gorgeous & Elegant!!! I have 1 more gift to buy next week & I'm done, but still have a lot to create for my family. I hope I can get it all done!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Ouuuu la la! I love this. The colours and silver are supah lovely and that fabric brad. Hubba hubba! DroooooooL! :O)

Paper Kisses said...

I just love this card Maria!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |