Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Sarah Kay Christmas and Beautiful RAKs


Hello Friends!! Honestly, I feel harassed today! My husband gave me a spreadsheet yesterday. . .a Christmas list. Today, he approached me and asked me if I filled it out.

Okay. . .I'm the most disorganized person . . .half the time I'm busy finding myself and the rest of the time, looking for everything else. . .I have a tendency to be very forgetful. My husband on the other hand is overly organized, a planner . . .which I'm quite the polar opposite!! LOL!

He's been bugging me about Christmas gifts, Christmas cards, decorations, the Christmas tree, etc. Can you guys tell him to stop harassing me? I'm already stressed out as it is. . . LOL! Honestly. . .it's depressing me.


Anyway. . .I made this card this morning. I'm so behind on my Christmas cards and I really need to hustle. It kinda don't look like a Christmas card, huh? Especially the colors but it's my attempt to make something different.

I got this really cute Sarah Kay stamp from Jen's store "Little C's Stamps n' Things. Click on the banner below to visit her online store. I have two other Sarah Kay Christmas stamps that I'm so in love with!!





I colored the image using my Copic Markers. . added a bit of glitter and Liquid Applique to parts of the image.


Believe it or not but do you see the yellow thread on the buttons. . .well, it took me longer to thread the embroidery floss through the buttons than to make the entire card. I must be growing old or it has to do with my chubby stubby fingers. I had the hardest time holding on to the buttons and inserting the floss through the holes. Arggggh!!! I was determined to get it done because I wanted the buttons to look like they were sewn on the card.


I decided to adhere the sentiment on the inside of the card because the front already looked a bit crowded. I like it. . .it's different from my typical so it was fun adding it on the inside.


Don't forget to scroll down to check out the AWESOME RAKs I received from Jackielou and Jodi!!













Card Details:

Stamps: Sarah Kay, Inkadinkado
Paper: K&CO, SU Bliss Blue, Creamy Caramel, Barely Banana
Ink: Copic Markers
Accessories: Buttons, Liquid Applique, Stickles, CB embossing folder, Marvy photo corner punch, JoAnn brads, Ribbon (unknown), Prima flower,







Hey check out the awesome RAK I received from Jackielou of "Bloggin' My Pink Artsie World"! OMG. . .she is so sweet to have sent me such lovely stuff! Jackielou is like a "Hawaiian sistah". . .LOL! She's not from Hawaii but she gives a lot of Aloha!! Thank you Jackielou for such wonderful goodies. I came home from my trip to find a package filled with all the lovely stuff she sent me. Stop by Jackielou's blog site and check out all her lovely creations. . .she is a really sweet person!!! Don't forget to say "hello"!!



This is the card she sent me. . .take a look at all the details and oh, it has a Hawaiian theme! Too fun!! Such a perfect card for a Hawaiian trasplant like me. . .I do miss Hawaii especially during the holidays because I miss spending the holidays with my friends and family. Her card gave me a warm cozy Aloha feeling!!

I also want to add that she also sent a "Hello Kitty" bag. . .OMG!! Do you know. . .I have not come across a single Hello Kitty store where I live. . .in Hawaii, each of the malls had a least one Hello Kitty store. I used to buy my daughter all of their cute products.


Here is a post it note holder that Jackielou created. . .get this. . .she personalized it!! Oh, I'm touched because it's so personal. She did a beautiful job in making this post it note holder. I know Jackielou is a busy girl, with her kids and starting her new job so I am very grateful for her kindness. Thank you Jackielou. . I so appreciate the gifts.


Here is a RAK from another "Hawaii Sistah". . .Jodi of "Inked Inspirations"! Be sure to check out all her lovely creations on her blog and don't forget to say "hello".

It's funny because we recently, a few months ago, discovered one another in blog land and just for the heck of it, I asked her about someone I knew from Hawaii and it was amazing how well she knew this person as well! OMG. . .such a small, small world.

Jodi sent me this lovely Thanksgiving card and all the lovely images which by the way, I don't have!! Whoohoo! I can't wait to ink them up and make a bunch of cards with them.

My Hawaii Sistahs are so giving and have so much Aloha spirit. I am so fortunate to have met up with such kind people, just like Jodi!! Thank you Jodi. . .I really love your card and the images!!

6 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh my word girl these are all so awesome. I love visiting your blog.

Stephenie said...

These are wonderful Maria! What a lucky girl. =0)

KeeponScrappin said...

Beautiful card Maria. You're so good at making cards. Wonderful RAKS you received. Isn't Jackielou the best. She's such a sweetheart. ♥

Elena said...

Maria! Sorry that your husband giving your a hard time...
I am not ready for Christmas also. We don't have a Tree yet! Not talking about the gifts...
Now to the card - why it doesn't look like Christmas? It does look like Christmas card! I love the papers you used and very nice detail to the girl's coat!
Very cute RAK from Jackielou! Card from Jodi is so elegant!
Talking about buttons. May be try those needle's threaders things. They help to put the thread in the sewing needle. Ask at the sewing store, or maybe even dollar store. Maybe this will help... I also have a hard time sometimes wtih those button holes!

Sharon Caudle said...

This card actually made me gasp! I LOVE it! And then I clicked on it and got to see all the wonderful up close details! WOW! AMAZING!!
Maria's hubby....leave her alone! LOL! There....that should do the trick! :) I'm right there with you in the "getting stressed" dept! Too much to do, and not enough time to do it! And awesome RAK's you received! Enjoy!!

Rita said...

Wow, this card is sooooo beautiful! Great RAK too girl! I so wish my hubby was as organized as yours, it's the opposite here in my house! The funny part is, now that my kids are grown they see the wisdom of my being so organized that they have started it as well, they even make lists...I taught them well, hehehe!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |