Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Backpack Box

Hey Friends! My daughter gave me a day off today! Whoohoo! She wanted to go to school early today so she caught the bus to school. The bus system is terrible. . .there's only two times during the day that the bus routes to the school campus. . .early, early morning or late afternoon. No in between times. . .otherwise my daughter could catch the bus daily and I wouldn't have to drive her to school.

Because I had the day off. . .I found some time to create this backpack box project. It's nothing new but new for me. I've seen a few bloggers creating this project. I found the template on SCS: Click Here It's rather simple to create the box but the box is smaller than I expected. I suppose you could enlarge the template and create a bigger box. Nonetheless, it is a really cute box!

I really want to tackle all the fun SCS tutorials. . .looks like a lot of fun projects over there! I'm really lazy in exploring new projects and this is a great way to do something different. I posted the link to the SCS materlist a few days ago but if you want it again, here it is: Click Here

Are you an avid follower of SCS? I sort of go through phases. . .there's times when I won't visit SCS for months and there are times, when I'll visit the site regularly. Right now, I'm on the "visiting regularly" phase! LOL!

Anyway...because I have the time today to play in my craft room. . .I really want to make the most of it. . .on to my next project! Hope you all are having a wonderful day!

Project Details:

Paper: DCWV Glitter stack designer paper, SU Real Red
Accessories: SU Rhinestone Brads, SU 1/4 Real Red Grosgrain ribbon, Prima Flower


27 comments:

CreativeMish said...

What a fun Idea! I love it!

Islander Girl said...

Oh Maria, this came out sooo cute! I love it! I've been wanting to make this but I have no one to give it to so I will wait until then! Thanks for the inspiration!

How's the weather at your neck of the woods? it's gloomy here but thank goodness no hurricane like they were predicting.

Aloha!

Sheri Gilson said...

Super cute Maria!! Thanks for the inspiration as I too have seen them but never attempted the project. :D

Cynthia said...

Hi Maria,
I love your projects. The colors are beautiful. Maybe I will have time to make one for my daughters before school starts at the end of the month. I know they would love it.

Cynthia:)

Jodi said...

These turned out great!! I have made one a while ago but never posted it because it wasn't completed. I will have to try and make another one.
Hugs
JOdi =)

2 Worlds said...

Maria send this girl early lol
she can study do something else.
She is a lucky girl.

This backpack is so cute, I think its great to give to a little girl.

Elena said...

Very cute backpack! I love the colors of it and flower on the front!
Thank you for sharing your inspiration with us, Maria!

Joy said...

love the backpack! it came out so cute! I know I taught Teri them but I forget how already! love the colors and the DP! lucky persons to receive this awesome gift! TFS!

Brenda said...

Love the backpack! Lucky your daughter gave you the day off!

doris said...

I love it Maria! What a fun Idea... Wow!!

Hugs
Doris xx

Denise said...

Hey Maria,
How are you doing? Love these backpacks that you made. They are very pretty. I need to try one, thanks for the tutorial link.
Hugs~

Denise said...

Hey Maria,
How are you doing? Love these backpacks that you made. They are very pretty. I need to try one, thanks for the tutorial link.
Hugs~

Maria Therese said...

cute bags ♥

Little C's Creations said...

great job on these backpacks, Maria. They turned out sooooo cute. Hope you enjoyed your day off.

Unknown said...

oh really fantastic and so wonderful, looks so cool.
hugs, bea

de said...

Maria these are so awesome! I love the colors and embellies too!

Norine said...

this is just awesome as always
Hugs
Norine

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

What an adorable backpack! Love the dp and that front pocket! Very cute!
TFS :*)

Rleen said...

Aloha Maria,
Hope you doing great.
These are gorgeous! I love the papers and the color combo that you used. I want to give this a try. Thanks for the inspiration.
Haven a wondeful day!

Rita said...

Gorgeous Maria, I luv that DP too!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I am like you and go thru stages. I used to be on SCS ALL the time when it was in its earlier years.

I DO have this backpack box on my wish list to do though. Ü

Unknown said...

I'm the same! SCS is an amazing place but scares me 'coz it's SO big!! I venture in there now and again through the back door when no-one's looking! LOL
I will deffo go in and try this one out. You've made two gorgeous bags and they are ideal for a gift I want to give.
Viv xx

Cami said...

Aaawww, Maria, these backpack bags are sooooo cute! Love the DPs you used and the flower. I copied the instructions months ago (a year?) and still have it on my "need to do" list and still haven't tried it. Seeing yours inspires me to take a second look at my "pending" list LOL! Love this!!! Hugs, Cami

- - Sheryl - - said...

hi Maria,
Yes I am an avid follower of SCS. I subscribe to their weekly emails and look forward to a new technique each week.

Your back pack came out adorable.
~Sheryl

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fabulous back packs! Love the colors and the fun paper! TFS!

Risa said...

Wow....your backpack is super duper cute Maria! I have always wanted to make one of these and thanks so much for sharing the template!
I visit SCS on a regular basis. I don't chat often but like to read the various comments etc.
hugs
Risa:)

Myrna Marcano said...

Hello!! This is a lovely tutorial. Thanks for sharing your talent.
Hugs, Myrna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |