Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Just a Card for Joy


Hi Friends! My daughter has a few more days left of summer school and I get a break for 3 weeks! Whoohoo! I can't wait. I have plans for the rest of the summer. I'm planning to visit a few places that I've been wanting to visit . . .just places in San Diego that I haven't visited since moving to California.

I'm not sure how my schedule will look when my daughter starts school again at the end of September. I've been teaching her how to drive to the campus and I'm hoping that by January, she'll be able to drive herself to school. She's doing really well but if any of you have driven California freeways. . .you know it can be quite crazy and a bit scary.


Anyway. . .here is a card I made for Joy of "A Place to be me". I created it for Teri of "Big Ideas From A Little Girl" One Card Swap. So fun! Joy was my swap partner. She sent me the beautiful tri-shutter card that I posted last month. I wanted to create something cute for her and I thought the image was perfect.

I colored the Greeting Farm image using my Copic Markers and added a bit of stickles to the image. Lots of stuff going on with this card, huh? LOL!

Anyway. . .I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday!

Card Details:

Stamps: The Greeting Farm, Stampin Up
Paper: K&CO designer paepr, SU Pink Pirouette, In color
Ink: Copic Markers
Accessories: Prima, Darice rhinestones, American Craft ribbon, CB embossing folder, Nestabilities, Stickles glitter, SU Word Window punch


13 comments:

Denise said...

WOW, your creations just blow me away! You are so talented Maria. I LOVE this card, the layering, LO & everything about it.
Hugs~

Maria Therese said...

beautiful card!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Love all the pinks. Gorgeous!

de said...

SO pretty! Glad to hear you will be getting a break! And yes, I've driven the highways in San Diego.. .they can be bit intimidating. Have you or your daughter ever seen the movie Clueless where they accidentally take the exit to the freeway? It is hilarious.

Take care my friend!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fabulous card Maria! Love the colors, the background elements... great coloring... what colors do you use on the face? Looks great! TFS!

Tina said...

super cute card - love all the layers.

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful card Maria!! Love the layout and yummy colors!! Good luck with the driving as I am in Northern Cali just north of San Fran and could not image driving in So Cali. I freak when I have to drive in the city...lol

Christine said...

What a fantastic card Maria. I just love how you cut her out. All of the diecut layers and flowers are perfectly placed. Love it!!!
xoxo, Christine

Kyoko said...

Sister, I LOVE your card! I saw the other truckload of goodies on Joy's blog and wowee, you are super generous! When are you coming to Hawaii??

Diane said...

Another gorgeous card Maria! I love how you use all the layers and nesties and your coloring is fabulous!!!

Diane said...

Another gorgeous card Maria! I love how you use all the layers and nesties and your coloring is fabulous!!!

Cheryl said...

Wow, I love this card Maria! I saw it on Joy's blog too. The coloring is so pretty!!!

Catherine said...

This card is so cute and lovely! I love the layers, colors, coloring, flowers - it's got it all and it's all good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |