Friday, August 28, 2009

Stamp n' Scrap Hawaii Challenge

Hey, Friends! How ya' all doing today? I'm sitting at the UC campus typing out this post. Today is the last day of my daughter's summer school and she'll have a break for 3 weeks before she starts school again in the fall! That means I get a break for 3 weeks too. Right now it's pretty nice because it still cool but in a few hours, it'll be back up in the 100s again. It's been crazy hot and it'll be like this for the next few days.



Anyway. . .I better stop the chit-chat because my battery is low on my computer and I need to get this post completed.

Guess what today is? Well, today challenge day at Stamp n' Scrap Hawaii. Whoohoo! This week's challenge is to use buttons as the only embellishment. I went crazy and used up all of my blue buttons just on this one card. LOL!

I decided to use my "Two Scoops Rice Design Mushie Fairy" stamp because she's a cutie. I surrounded her with all the buttons. . . .isn't she special?

I colored the image with my Copic Marker and layered her on to a CB embossed card stock. I added a bit of stiickles to the buttons.. .not sure if I like the glitter on the buttons but oh, well.



Well, stop by Stamp n' Scrap Hawaii and check out the beautiful cards and projects the design team created. There's a prize to be given out so I hope you'll play along in this week's challenge!!

Anyway, I gotta run . . .my computer will be shutting down soon and there's a few more things I need to get done before I run out of battery.

Hope you all have a wonderful Friday!!

Card Details:

Stamps: Two Scoops Rice Design Mushie Fairy
Paper: SU Night of Navy, Apricot Appeal, DCWV Designer Paper
Ink: Copic markers
Accessories: Stickles Glitter, CB embossing Folder



10 comments:

CreativeMish said...

What an adorable card! I love that huge flower and the buttons surrounding the cutest image!!

Heather Schlatter said...

Hey Maria,

I bet you thought I forgot you, but I did not I have been checking in this summer just have not had much time to do any commenting, but things are finally slowing down and getting much better so that I can get around and blurf more often now!!!

Your creations are always inspirations and I have really missed our "Comment" chats!!!! I hope to be back very often now!!!

I just scrolled through the last 10 days or so since I had popped in and you are really rocking the blues and greens girl!!!!!

Heather

Sandra said...

Beautiful card, love the bright colors and buttons!!
Sandy

Sue from Oregon said...

Great card!

Cathy said...

Maria this is so stinkin' cute!! I love the little fairy and that big flower.The colors are divine and I just love it!!! Hugs, Cathy

Denise said...

Hey Maria,
Very cute! Love the layout & all those buttone. I love using buttons, I am always at WalMart getting more. Have a nice weekend.
Hugs~

Unknown said...

WOW Maria, I love this card, and you have given my inspiration for a project I need to do this weekend...thanks for that...Hugs Avril xxxx

Ida said...

Super cute. The buttons really look great surrounding your focal image.

2 Worlds said...

Loved all the blue !

Risa said...

I love your adorable card Maria! Your image and buttons are awesome!
hugs
risa:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |