Sunday, August 9, 2009

Scrappy Sunday Challenge


Hi Friends! I finally decided to take a photo of my layout that I created a few days ago. I was so not in the mood to blog or craft the last few days because of the major allergies I've been experiencing. Do you have allergies? Gosh, when it's bad. . .it's bad. It's really hard to focus with the constant sneezing, watery eyes, runny nose, etc.

Although I have allergies practically daily. . .there's times when it's non-stop and that is what have been going on for the past 3 days. There's times when I'll sneeze 10x consecutively then I start to have breathing problems. When it's bad, I end up with a sinus/migraine type of headache with photosensitivy and movement of my eyes causes my head to hurt. I also end up with an upset stomach, difficulty breathing, etc.

The funny thing is as quickly as it comes, the quickly it just sort of disappears. I'm still trying to figure out what triggers my allergies. At one point I was thinking I was allergic to rubber because sometimes, when I stamp, I'll start to have a runny nose and start sneezing. When I have my allergies. . .I don't want to do anything but lay still. LOL! For some reason I think if I don't move, my sneezing will stop. LOL! I don't like to take allergy medications because it brings on a whole set of different problems. I usually end up with a sinus infection or cold when I take allergy medications because they stop the flow of mucus from my lungs and sinus cavity. Mucus is important in ridding your body of bacteria and such .so I still don't like to stop the flow of it out of my body.

Anyway. . .enough of my woes! I decided to play in last week's "Scrappy Sunday" challenge on Paper Craft Planet. My layout isn't the greatest but I'm trying. I really liked the sketch so I decided to try it out. You can check out the sketch: Click Here

This layout are of my dogs, Dakota and Phoenix when they were about 10 weeks old. Awww, they are so cute.

The sheepish looking dog is Dakota. . .the mischevious one. I'm assuming he looks sheepish in the photo because he did something he shouldn't be doing. He always has a guilty look and he KNOWS when he did something wrong. Many times he won't look you in the eye when he did something naughty. Phoenix the white one. . .is very laid back. He never does anything naughty. Both are adorable in their own way.

Anyway. . .I feel a little better today. . .no sneezing this morning but my eyes are still burning. I can deal with that. I'm just happy my sneezing stopped. Well, I hope you all have a beautiful Sunday!!

10 comments:

Danni said...

Glad you are feeling better! This is one seriously cute layout!! Love it!

2 Worlds said...

Maria sorry for the allergies i know they can be a pain i'm lucky not to have this.
Great layout keep doing it

de said...

This is adorable! I love your layout! And I SOOO sympathize with the allergy thing. They kick my ARSE several times throughout the year and have been bad recently too. I walk around sneezing all the time, or it feels that way!

If you want to participate in the EtsyInspired challenge this week, I could win a gift certificate to Paper Makeup Stamps and I'll share with you! :-)

Took a BUNCH of photos of my nephew this weekend. When you are feeling better, lets get back to the photo challenges!

Basement Stamper said...

Cute doggie page! I know what you mean, I'm in sinus/allergy h*ll lately. I actually had a CT Scan done of my sinuses and will find out the results tomorrow.

Mary said...

What a wonderful scrap page. I love the photos of your fur friends. Thay are so cute.

I have been suffering for the past 25 years. I see an allergist once a year and I get to try out the newest medications that never work for me. I always feel like I havea virus and have the symptoms that you mentioned. I'm so sorry that have to go through it. I am allergic to all grasses, horses, maple trees, dust mold, mildew. No fun.

I hope you find out what your allergic too very soon.

Mary

Risa said...

Hey Maria,
I'm so glad that you are feeling a lot better today! Allergies are no fun at all!!!! Take it easy dear and try not to rub your eyes:)
I love your layout! Your dogs are the cutest!
hugs
Risa:)

Anonymous said...

Hi, Maria! I have been reading your blogs (thru emails) for some time now. I really like all of your cards!! You are SO creative and full of colors!

As for allergies, I know EXACTLY how you feel! I just hate how my allergies would just trigger all of sudden and is non-stop for 24 hours! I get so mad because I have so much to do and what little time to do them all. I take sinus allergy medicine and it really helps but ohh it makes me take a nap! AUGH! I'm supposed to be busy but sleeping! LOL

Anyway, I love your blogs, your writing! Everything about Disneyland (I have Disney World yay!) your daughter's starting college and all the driving back and forth, and about your birthday, the camera present! You are so lucky to have a husband who spoils you! ;o)

Happy Stamping to you and glad you are feeling better! I declare allergies are WORSE than headcold!

Scrappinangler said...

Sorry, girl! i feel your pain. I have terrible allergies - dogs, cats, grass, dust mites, mold, etc. On top of it, I am allergic to ALL antibiotics, so I really try not to get sick! Have you tried using a Nettie Pot or other nasal irrigation system? i have found it clean out my sinuses so I don't get an infection. It's the only thing I can use if I get one! I also use Oscillococcinum - a homeopathic flu med. Hope you are feeling better!
Your pups are cute!
~Tori

Tina said...

so glad to hear you are feeling better - your scrapbook layouts are fantastic...

Cami said...

Hi Maria, hope you are feeling much better today! This layout of your two fur babies are so cute! They really are like little children! Love this layout. Cami

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |