Monday, August 24, 2009

Christmas Stampin All Year Long Challenge #31

Hey Everyone!! It's that time again. . . .Christmas Stampin All Year Long Challenge time! We're on week #31 and this week it's Sankari of Sankari's Sunshine Corner turn to host. This week's challenge is to create a card that is not an A2 size card (4.25 x 5.5"). It can be square, round, or any shape. I decided to create a Christmas tree card in odd Christmas colors. . .black, pink, white.

What a strange color combo for Christmas, you say. Well, yeah. It wasn't my fault. . .it was the designer paper's fault. That was the color combo of my designer paper so I went with it. Like life, not everything has to be conventional or traditional. A little change and a little spice makes everything nice. . .:)


I'm really sorry I haven't been visiting your blog sites lately. I will try to get caught up with my commenting this week. I've been so lazy with everything including my crafting. It's sometimes a struggle to walk into my craft room and craft. I've been doing it out of requirements but lately, during my free time, I want to watch TV or just lay down and read a book or chit-chat with friends on Facebook. I know. . I'm terrible. Such a slacker.

Hey, if you're not on Facebook. . .join in! There's a lot of crafters/stampers and bloggers there. A lot of your favorite bloggers and your blog friends are there. You sorta get to know many of them at a different level and many times at a personal level.

SCS and PCP (Paper Craft Planet) and many crafting/stamping/scrapbooking groups have been formed on Facebook and you get immediate interaction there. It's fun.

One of the things I like about Facebook is that I've been able to reconnect with many of my childhood and high school friends, ex-coworkers, and other friends that I haven't talked or seen in a long time. It's wonderful finding out what they are doing, how they look, and where they are living now. Anyway. . .if you do join, be sure to add me on. Here is the link to my profile. . .just add me as a friend.

Anyway. . .enough of my rambling about Facebook. LOL! Now to my card. . .I created the Christmas tree by cutting strips of designer papers starting at 1" by 4.25", then decreased the length of each strip thereafter by 1/2 inch, i.e., 1 x 3.75", 1 x 3.25", and so on. I then cut the ends at an angle. The topper is 1 x 1". I then glued each strip and layered them over one another on a folded A2 size card base, cut around the shape, and added a few buttons. That's it.

Well, if you have the time, stop by Christmas Stampin All Year Long and check out the rest of fabulous cards created by our talented design team!

Well, gotta run! Life is waiting for me!!

Card Details:

Paper: DCWV Designer Paper, SU Pixie Pink
Accessories: Buttons, Stickles Glitter



20 comments:

Risa said...

Wow...what a beautiful card Maria! The colors and the buttons are super awesome!
hugs
Risa:)

Lisa said...

This is an awesome card Maria! The unconventional colors totally work!

Marcia said...

You have to love this card! Christmas is all colors these days!

Sheri Gilson said...

Maria, I love the tree shape and the non traditional colors!! Very cool card!

Michelle said...

Maria - I LOVE this tree and who cares about colors. I personally LOVE black and pink!! What a awesome tree and those buttons are fabulous!

Heide said...

This is gorgeous!!!!!!!! Wonderful idea, great colors!

Love it!

Hugs

Heide

Joy said...

oh...I love this Christmas tree! it's so pretty! love how it turned out! love the colors too! great job for the challenge! oh and btw...Maria! you are too sweet! thank you for my goodie box! I was so happy! I love everything and will post it soon! you are the sweetest! thank you! have a great week!

Denise said...

OMGosh, this is absolutely Gorgeous!! I love the pink & black color combo.

Karen W said...

Waht a wonderful idea, never thought of using buttons and they are perfect!!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Maria! Who sez Christmas has to be all reds and greens! It's funny you should be having a touch of the Doldrums this week, I've just posted about exactly the same thing!! Spooky!!!
Maybe it's the weather! LOL
Viv xxx

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Maria this is so cool! I love this card!

Norine said...

what a great card the buttons are brilliant
Hugs
Norine

Tina said...

this is awesome - love the colors and the buttons. I am a huge button collector. too cute.

Tammy said...

Fantastic just Fantastic!!

Ida said...

Wow I love this color combo and your tree shaped card. Love the pretty buttons.

CreativeMish said...

I love the non traditional colors! Its a beautiful tree and I love the buttons!

Nicola said...

I love this card. What a cool idea. And the colors are just eyecatching. Awesome.

Hugs
Nic

Allison Rankin said...

Wow Maria...love everything about this! The colors, the shape, the buttons...yum!

michelle sturgeon said...

LOVE these rich colours, Maria! Great card!

Catherine said...

I absolutely love this card! Great shape and fab colors, Maria! Wow! And the buttons are yummy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |