Friday, August 14, 2009

The Greeting Farm Baseball Ian

Hi Friends! Today is my day off. Your like. . .you don't work, Maria. I know . .but day off from having to drive my daughter to her school so I had this grandiose idea to drive a 75 mile drive to Point Loma Lighthouse in San Diego to take pictures of the scenery. Unfortunately, my husband thought I was crazy and didn't think it was a good idea to drive there by myself. My daughter went to the beach with her friends otherwise, we could have gone together.

I know. . .I have a lot of other things I need to do but whenever I have a chance to do them. . I, instead, put them off and want to do something else. . .something more adventurous.

Well, after talking to my husband. . .he sorta killed my spirits. . .I don't mind driving 75 miles to Point Loma. . .even if it's by myself. I understand his point but at the same time. . I really would have done it if my husband didn't try to reason with me.

Are you that way? Do you sometimes spontaneously want to do something grandiose and exciting even if it's not reasonable? I'm that way a lot and someone always seem to try to bring me down to earth. I was always this way. ..even when I was a kid. The restrictions sort of drove me bonkers when I was a child. I was known as a the "wild kid". LOL! Seriously. . .my family saw me that way. I came from a conservative family . . .so you can imagine what "wild" was to them.

Now that I'm older. . .way older, I'm no longer adventurous. . .sometimes, once in a great while, my old me sort of manifest itself but usually someone comes along and reason with me. I'm more receptive to reasoning now. . .when I was a child, not too much. Back then. . .life was a bit more carefree so it was okay.

Anyway. . enough of my yapping. I decided to use my TGF Baseball Ian stamp. . .colored the little guy with my Copic Markers and managed to create a somewhat masculine card. Not too much frills but just a little bit to satisfy my need to add embellishments to my card.

Today is Friday . . .I hope you all enjoy your day and maybe even your evening. Party up for me, okay since I can't . . .LOL!

Card Details:

Stamps: The Greeting Farm Baseball Ian
Ppaer: K&CO designer paper, SU Close to Cocoa, Certainly Celery, Tempting Turquoise
Ink: Copic Markers
Accessories: Nestabilities, Buttons, SU Small Tag Punch, Sizzix embossing template, American Craft ribbon

12 comments:

Rleen said...

WOW! Maria, your card is fabulous! I love the mebossing and the inking. Awesome coloring as always. TFS!
Happy Aloha Friday!

Joy said...

most times I want to do something on the spur of the moment...but it's to shop for crafts! hahaha! I know it's crazy...but I am trying now to hold back and not spend too much money! oh wells. love the card by the way...so pretty colors and you always do such great layouts and use such pretty DP! have a great weekend!

pescbrico said...

I love the color combo you used! :) Beautiful card!

doris said...

Beautiful card Maria...!!!

Hugs
Doris xx

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Stunning card Maria, beautifully coloured and i love the wonderful papers and lo. Hope you have a great weekend. Hugs Nikki x

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Yes, I am spontanious (sp?) sometimes.
I love your little baseball player. Awesome card, colors and coloring!

Christine said...

Maria, your card is fantastic!! I love all of the layers and textures. You colored Ian so well. I love the deep rich colors. Your work is always splendid!
xoxo, Christine

Sheri Gilson said...

Maira, this is super cute!! I love how you did the nestie behind Ian and how it looks like a baseball diamond! Fabulous job!

de said...

Wow! This really pops! I love the color combo alot! And the image is so cute!

CreativeMish said...

This is adorable! The colors are awesome!

Cathy said...

This is really cute, Maria!! I love that paper and your coloring is wonderful as usual. Great job!!

Hugs, Cathy

Risa said...

I love your card Maria!
Ian is so cute!! Your color combo and layout are fab as well!
hugs
Risa:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |