Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge - Thief Lord

Hi Friends! My goal today while I'm on the college campus is to catch up on my blurfing and commenting. You all have been so kind visiting my blog and commenting. I really appreciate it. I've been feeling guilty that I haven't been stopping by your blogs and saying hello as often as I used to. Driving and waiting for my daughter has taken a huge chunk of my day so I now have less time doing the normal things I used to do. I'll bring my netbook today so I'll be able to use my time visiting and seeing what you all are doing.

Yesterday I walked around downtown Riverside. The plan was to visit a church and take some photos but it turns out, they were closed. I didn't realize churches close. . .I thought they were open daily. LOL! The museum next door was closed too. It turns out the museums are closed on Mondays. I basically drove to downtown for nothing so I just walked around and took pictures of buildings again.

Hey. . .I decided to participate in the Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge. The movie choice for this week is "Thief Lord" and the challenge is to create a "friendship or brother/sister" card.

I decided to create both. I think this card can pass for both a brother and sister and friendship card.

I used the pretty flower design from a designer paper, cut a part of the flower and slipped the Sarah Kay image under the leaves. It gave it a scenic appearance.

If you have designer papers with large images or patterns. . .they can make for great decorative designs for your cards.

Anyway . ..stop by Cinema Saturday and participate in the challenge! It's a great way to find information about movies and participate in a challenge all at the same time!

Well gotta run. . ..it's time to drive out again! Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Card Details:

Stamps: Sarah Kay, Stampin Up
Papers: DCWV designer paper, SU Certainly Celery, Pacific Point
Ink: Copic Markers, SU Pacific Point
Accessories: Darice rhinestones, Basic Basic Ribbon, SU Large Oval Punch, Fiskar Scallop Scissors


22 comments:

Cheryl said...

Wow, what a cute card! I love that idea of using a big design on your card. Most people shy away from big designs. Great idea Maria!

Unknown said...

Fabulous composition Maria! THe layers are stunning and that big flower is a show-stopper!
Viv xx

Maria Therese said...

beautiful card!

Jodi said...

Very sweet card, your coloring is fabulous!! Love your layout too!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Rleen said...

Gorgeous card as always Maria. I love the colors, the jewels and of course your coloring is the best! Thanks for the inspiration.
Have a wonderful day!

de said...

Great card lady, as always! And don't feel guilty... we all go through slumps and you are always great about commenting so if you don't sometimes, that's ok! Looking forward to your photos! I have a ton of my nephew after this weekend. Imagine that! LOL.

scrapperjulia said...

This is really awesome! Love your colouring!

Mary said...

Gone are the days wen a church was open 24 hours a day. Sorry to hear that you were not able to to get some photos of the church.

Your card is beautiful Maria.

Mary

Lisa said...

Your cards are always so gorgeous and full of wonderful color Maria! You dont need to apoligize for comments--I cant tell you how much I appreciate you stopping by my little corner and always leaving a nice comment for my cards at CSAYL. I really appreciate you taking the time to look! Have an AWESOME day!

doris said...

Beautiful card Maria... Wow!!!

Hugs
Doris xx

Monika/Buzsy said...

Another fabulous card Maria! Love the paper, the cute image, the coloring... great job on cutting out the image... have fun on the campus!

Cami said...

Maria, you drive 100 miles a day during the week, wait on campus or wherever until your daughter finishes class and you STILL have time to create? Well, let me tell ya, I love this card with the pretty colors. Great take on this Cinema challenge. Good idea to cut parts of a large design from DPs as you have done. Clever! Well, hope the church is open tomorrow! Hugs, Cami

Dawn Easton said...

Oh goodness, Maria, this is so sweet! I love the layout and your colouring/shading on your image is FABULOUS girl!

Risa said...

Your card is beautiful Maria! I love your adorable image and the bold colors are a plus! Awesome job!!
hugs
Risa:)

Norine said...

this is super cute love the layers
Hugs
Norine

Unknown said...

wow that´s so wonderful and really fantastic - again.
big hugs, bea

Ila said...

This is just the Cutest...and the colors are just Stunning!!...I love the flower...coloring...everything!!...Hugs, Ila

Becky said...

This is gorgeous, love the colors and the way you cut out everything. Just awesome girl.

Catherine said...

Love the dark background! So unusual and it makes everything else pop!

Dragonlady said...

Beautiful card Maria.
I love the coloours and the layering you have done.

Ali x

2 Worlds said...

Love this stamp great card

Sankari W. said...

MARIAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! I was so excited that you played along with us over at Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge!!! I have been such a bad host this week - only now getting to commenting (hanging my head down in shame!! ) it is so awesome that you played!!!! you totally made my day/week!!! THank you so much for playing along! Seriously - you totally rock - and this card is awesome - what a great sentiment and I love all the colors with the black background.... beautiful and absolutely lovely flower! YOU ROCK!!!!!

Thank you so much for playing along with us!! Seriously - you totally rock!!!

Sending you big hugssssss!!!
Sankari :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |