Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sarah Kay Get Well Card

Hello Friends! I have to be honest, I've been going through a crafting and blogging blues. I don't know. . .I remember there was a time when I would spend every bit of free time I had crafting, creating tutorials, blogging, blurfing. . .well, for the past year my mojo have been slowly diminishing. First I closed down my other two blogs, slowly stopped creating my video tutorials and written tutorials, stopped applying for design teams, etc. . .

I'm not sure what it is. . .for one thing, I have less time and my interest has grown on to other things. Bad combination. . .I suppose. I do miss having that same passion that I once had for crafting. Any of you experiencing the same thing? I know it's just a phase . .. you think? In the meantime, I'll move along as best as I can.

I really love this Sarah Kay image. . .she is such a cutie, don't you think? I love the detail of the Sarah Kay images. Jen of Pieces of Me. . .recently re-opened up her online store Little C's after a few months break. I got this cute stamp from her store when it was still open. . .now, that she's back you can shop in her store again. Whoohoo! Stop by Little Cs and check out what she has in her store. . .lots of cute stamps there.

I colored the image with my Copic Marker and cut her out then remounted the image on designer paper. Nothing much else to this card.



Anyway. . .hopefully, I'll get my mojo back to the way it used to be. I think life is about changes and change is good. Sometimes we come back to what we used to love after a bit of exploring with the other things life has to offer. I think that is a good thing. . .life shouldn't be stagnant. . .it's revolving and always changing.

Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday!

Card Details:

Stamps: Sarah Kay, Stampin Up
Paper: Stampin Up designer paper, Close to Cocoa, Pretty inPink
Ink: Copic Markers
Accessories: Prima Flowers, SU small oval punch, gingham ribbon, Nestabilities, Lace, Making Memories heart brads



18 comments:

Marja Sch said...

Oh Maria you have made such a lovely card. Wonderful DP and colouring. Hugs Marja

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good evening Maria, wow hunny this is such a special card, i love the Sarah Kay image and your colouring is second to none!!! i read through your post and fully sympaphise with you. Ive been blogging a much shorter time than you but have crafted for many years. I am much the same as you and don't have the passion for it as i did. I find my mojo constantly drifing and i get frustrated that i can't come up with anything different. I would spend every minute on here for the first six months of starting, but it kind of took over my life which is not good. Then in October i had a terrible time with my son, and had to take a step back. Ive not got back to it properly since, im trying hard not to stress myself out about falling behind with comments etc, but its hard, and sometimes its easier to avoid it all together. Is this much the same with you? I love visiting your blog and will continue to do so whenever i have time. Have a lovely evening hunny this has turned into an essay!!! big hugs Linda x

pescbrico said...

Hello Maria. Your card is wonderful! I know what you mean... I only post once a week now and well... I sometime have a hard time to do so. It's suppose to be fun :)

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous card, Maria!!!

Sheri Gilson said...

Hi Marie!! Your card is FABULOUS. Love the image!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Maria. Why not forget everything and just do projects for the FUN of them for a while? Sometimes blogging can almost turn into a 'must do' instead of a 'want to do'.
In the meantime..... I DO love your work!
Hugs Viv xx

Cami said...

Very pretty card, Maria, and you still have the passion to create something beautiful. I, too, however, have found myself sometimes lacking the energy... so to speak to get in my craft room and start creating even a little card. Too many things in life going on and I can't deal with "time constraintss" and be held to being "committed" to making something. Maybe it's a phase, but I hope I regain my enthusiasm before the Christmas rush! LOL! Have a wonderful week, and don't be too hard on yourself. Everything you create is beautiful. Hugs, Cami

Debby said...

Incredibly gorgeous as always!

Sharon said...

Maria,

What a cute card! You always do such nice work. Everybody goes through ups and downs, but remember this, you are an inspiration to so many people - including me! I always look forward to reading your blog. You are so talented!

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

ADORABLE........this card makes my heart melt....... great choice of colours.

Gail said...

Didn't you just send a child off to College or sending one off? That would take the sails out of anyone. I remember when my daughters hit their Sr. year in HS I lost interest in a lot of things too. Make sure to take time for you and don't worry about us in blog land. We all go through this at some point. I do love your work and visit your blogs often. I never would have noticed that you've lost your mojo!

Linda said...

Hey Maria - I totally understand what you're going through. I felt the same way a while ago and totally stopped paper crafting. I took up beading instead and really enjoyed it. But I slowly made my way back to paper crafting and am loving it even more now. You always create such wonderful cards and projects - don't ever doubt yourself. Crafting is supposed to be a fun and happy activity - once those feelings start to change, there's nothing wrong with slowing down and taking it easy. All of us will still be here, with open arms and hearts. Take care of yourself. Hugs & Aloha, Linda

P.S.: This is another gorgeous card - I love the colors!

Amanda said...

I so feel the same way. It's like a crafting depression. Hopefully it will be just a phase we're going through.
Like someone above me said, you're going through changes and have different priorities so that will impact on crafting.
Have a break from all this and come back after a month or two and you will feel rejuvenated Ipromise.
Amanda

Renata van Miltenburg said...

Love this girl with her puppy!! Pretty colours you have used and also a nice layout.

Sunny regards, Renata

Monika/Buzsy said...

Super cute card Maria! Love the colors and the cute image... I love reading your blog... but you do whatever feels good girl! Don!t stress over it... life is too short and blogging is just a small part of it... I know it's hard to let go... I am still having trouble with it, but I just don't have to time I used to... and that's life...

Diane said...

Oh Maria,what a gorgeous card as always!! Life sends us in other directions at different times in our lives. Follow your heart,and we'll keep popping in to see what you're up to.
Hugs,Diane

doris said...

Yesterday I had difficulty in coming to your blog ...
Mary, your cards is "fantastic"!

Hugs
Doris xx

Risa said...

Wow...your card is beautiful...I love it!!!
hugs
Risa:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |