Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Greeting Farm Grace and Friday Sketchers 65

Hi Friends!! I finally found time to play in a challenge! Yay! I decided to participate in the Friday Sketchers challenge. The sketch was a fun sketch with lots of layers. The sketch is a bit more busy than I normally have my cards but I like it. I think all the layers is a great opportunity to use your scrap designer papers and card stock.

I decided to use the Greeting Farm Hope and Grace stamp set. . .I think this girl is Grace. I had colored this image a while ago. . it was actually one of my reject images that I colored. There was something I didn't like about my coloring because it was in my reject pile but I'm really not sure why. . .I think it's because I forgot to add highlights.

Anyway. . .all the designer papers on this card are from my scrap pile! No new paper was cut. . .whoohoo!

Today is my day off! Yipee! My goal today is to start on an exercise regimen. . .I bought 2 dance exercise DVD. . salsa and hip-hop! How fun! LOL! Well, we'll see how fun they'll be once I try them out. . .it may not be so fun!

I really need to get my fitness level up. I have 3 months before our trip to Europe and I am so afraid that I won't be able to keep up with all the walking and activities. The last thing I want is to be sitting on the sidelines while everyone is walking around and enjoying the sites. I heard that on some days, the tour will require 10 miles of walking a day. Ugggh! Can you imagine? Mainly because many of the sites will require walking long distance to get to. Gosh, I'm a little worried about it. LOL! No, really I am.




Anyway, I'll let you know how it goes. If you don't hear from me for several days. . .it wasn't good. LOL! Wish me luck, friends! I really need to succeed.

Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday!

Card Details:

Stamps: The Greeting Farm Hope and Grace
Paper: Various, SU Taken with Teal, Certainly Celery, More Mustard
Ink: Copic Markers
Accessories: CB embossing Folder, SU Word Window Punch, Lace, Nestabilities, Fiskar Scallop Scissors, SU grosgrain ribbon, Prima Flowers, JoAnn Brads


18 comments:

Vicki G said...

WOW! You have a lot going on here and it's GREAT!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

WOWZERS! I love all the coloring!

Norine said...

adorable as always Maria love it
Hugs
Norine

Javablustamper said...

What a BEAUTIFUL card Maria!! Your creations are ALWAYS awesome!! Your coloring and detail is AMAZING!! Hope you are well!!!



Take care!
Jacquie/Javablustamper!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous full on card Maria! It's got half a craft shop on it, but it works! I LOVE it!
Good luck with the fitness routines! Ha Ha! I'm sure you'll do great.
Viv xx

2 Worlds said...

Good for you , to do exercise everyday now definitely gave me more energy

Teri said...

Reject pile? OMG, I will rummage through your rejects! haha! I just LOVE your cards, as usual Maria! This came out so beautiful! I hope you are successful in your exercise, walking is good for you and yes, you will want to keep up with everyone and not miss out any of the tour!! Take care! xoxo

Sheri Gilson said...

WOW!! I wish I colored as good as your reject pile! Fabulous job on the challenge!

Joy said...

awe...this is a wonderful card! you colored so well...don't think any image should be in the reject pile! I wish I could be more creative to make that many layers on my card! I should challenge myself with using only scraps so that I can get my pile down! well, good-luck with your exercise! I find that playing soccer keeps me fit...if not I'd be as big as a whale! lol!

CreativeMish said...

good luck on the fitness tapes. You'll have to let us know how they work! Your Card is fabulous as usual!

Cheryl KVD said...

So many little details! I love it!

Danni said...

What an awesome card!! I love it!

doris said...

"BEAUTIFUL" card Maria... I love it!!!

Hugs
Doris xx

Rihani said...

Hi Maria
How are you? I love your card, the layers look great!!

I recently did one of your tutorials. It was your accordian box tutorial and I love how mine turned!! It was set as a challenge on one of the forums that I am on. It's a great idea!!

Good luck with your exercise regime, I am sure you will do great!

Talk soon
Rihani xx

Dawn Easton said...

Love all the details, Maria! Your image is ADORABLE!
Thanks for the reminder about getting back to exercising! I need to do the same...lol

Kyoko said...

Hi Maria! Another beauty of a card! I really admire how you layer, color & EVERYTHING ELSE! Wow, how exciting to look forward to going to Europe! No worries girl you will be in tip top shape! Take Care!

Jodi said...

This is a WOW! Love the colors you used and the cute image too!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Elena said...

Gorgeous card, Maria! Love all the layering and your coloring is always fabulous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |