Tuesday, August 18, 2009

High Hopes Card

Hi Friends! I'm up early today because I went to bed early. . .early to me is 11:00. LOL! I had a really strange dream. . .I dreamt that this guy liked me. His name is Mocomichi Hayami. . .a Japanese model and actor. LOL! It's so funny because he is in his 20s. I don't know if I'm my age in the dream. . .I think I am. Do you have strange dreams? I dream a lot. . .practically nightly and I usually remember parts of my dreams. My dreams are usually good dreams. . I rarely have nightmares.

I made this card the other day. . .it was partly done and I finished it this morning. Since I've been driving my daughter to school, I haven't been able to be on top of things. It's been 4 years since I've worked outside the home and back when I was working I was much more organized. Since then, I've had a lackadaisical approach to life. I really need to get on the ball.

I bought this stamp at Little C's back when she was selling High Hopes stamps. It looks like she's no longer carrying the High Hopes brand but she carries Sarah Kay, Hanna, Pink Cat Studio, Rachel Ann Miller, CC Design, etc. She has a lot of discounted priced stamps so be sure to check it out!





I colored the image using my Copic Markers. The DPs that I used are all from my scrap pile. I have a lot of small pieces of scrap paper. I'm trying to use them. . .I've been pretty good using them lately.

Anyway. . .I need to get ready to head on out again. I'll bring my netbook and stop by and visit some of you. The Internet connection is a bit slow on campus but at least I still can blurf while I'm there.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!!

Card Details:

Stamps: High Hopes, the Greeting Farm
Paper: Scraps, SU Pretty in Pink, Close to Cocoa
Ink: Copic Markers
Accessories: SU 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, Fiskar scallop scissors, Deja View brads, SU large oval punch

15 comments:

Ila said...

Super Cute and Fabulous!!..your coloring is Incredible!!
Hey...that sounds like a really good dream!!...I rarely have nightmares too....I think it may be because sometimes I am still cardmaking in my head when I go to sleep...lol...Hugs, Ila

Anonymous said...

maria your card is so cute !!love all your creations !!! I have a award for you ;-)
big hugs
tina46

Diane said...

As long as they're dreams and not nightmares you're alright!!!!
Fabulous card,HH images are so much fun to color and you make them come to life!!!Beautiful!

Denise said...

Hey Maria,
Love all your beautiful cards. Very cute images. You are my inspiration to make a card today!!

Tenia Nelson said...

Cute card!!!

Sheri Gilson said...

Super cute Maria!!

Glad you got a kick out of me working for the alln too famous gold crown...lol I did buy the first twilight book but haven't had a chance to read it yet. I spend way too much time in my craftroom. :D

Jodi said...

Very cute! Love the coloring you did on this stamp!! I think these are a great line of stamps and she should consider bringing them back in the store!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Ida said...

Super cute and sweet card. Hey you're "dream guy" ain't half bad.

Lisa Foster said...

Oh Maria this is JUST ADORABLE!!! I really love your work and this one is NO exception!
I sometimes have weird dreams...last night I dreamt that we were in church singing a hymn that sounded like a rock song and we were all holding paper guitars and rockin' down! I have NO idea where that one came from! LOL!!! Hugs, Lisa

CreativeMish said...

What an adorable card! You did a fabulous job with the coloring and paper choices.

Elena said...

Very cute card! Love the sentiment you added!
I see dreams too... It is always good to see a nice dream!

Cami said...

Oh Maria you have done it again. What a super cute card and gosh, I really love how you color your images...so much depth and definition. This pony is just too cute. Cami

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

so cute! I love the coloring and the colors you used!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fabulous card Maria! Love the coloring and the great lay-out! Looking forward to seeing your Litte C designs again. :o)

Tina said...

wow - this is a great card - I am really liking the sentiment - can you tell me where that is from.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |