Monday, August 10, 2009

Christmas Stampin All Year Long #29 - 08-10-09


Hi Friends! It's Christmas Stampin All Yearl Long challenge again and this week, we're on week #29! Whoohoo! It's less than 4 months before December. . .can you believe how quickly time has flown! I'll be honest with you, there have been weeks when I just didn't feel like making a Christmas card but I've been faithfully making them each week and I'm glad I did. I have 29 Christmas cards under my belt and I have 13 Thanksgiving cards already done. Whoohoo!

This week's challenge is hosted by our talented Ms. Vicki of Summerthyme Studio. The challenge is to create a "spotlight" card. Stop by Christmas Stampin All Year Long challenge site for the link to the tutorial and try it out!!

Anyway. . .I decided to use the Stampin Up "Holy Tryptych" stamp set. I thought this stamp set was perfect for this challenge. I wanted to create an elegant Christmas card so I kept the design simple. I'm not really digging how I colored the image. I think this image is best not colored but to create the spotlight look, I needed to color parts of the image.

Today is a new week of driving my daughter to school. I'm so not in the mood to drive to the school today . . .there's days when it's not so bad and actually quite adventures but I don't know . . .some days I just don't feel like driving the distance. Gosh, I think the upcoming year will be tough.








I shouldn't complain. . .life is good. I'm lucky that I don't have to work and my only real job is taking care of my child even if it means driving a total of 100 miles a day. It's okay. I'm blessed in so many ways. . .this is just a small sacrifice.

Anyway. . .I hope you all have a wonderful Monday. Be sure to stop by the Christmas Stampin All Year Long Challenge site and check out the beautiful samples the design team created!!

Card Details:

Stamps: Stampin Up Holy Triptych
Paper: SU Bravo Burgundy, Serendipity Goldenrod
Ink: Copic Markers, Gold Leaf Pen
Accessories: Gold Embossing Powder, CB embossing folder, Walmart ribbon


26 comments:

Unknown said...

oh how precious and so wonderful - looks so marvellous.
have a nice week,
hugs, bea

Sheri Gilson said...

Very pretty Maria!! Love the colors & embossing. Have a wonderful week!

Denise said...

Very Elegant & Beautiful. Love the embossing. I haven't touched my powders & heat gun in a while, you just inspired me to use it!! Hope you have a wonderful week.
Hugs~

pescbrico said...

This card is simply marvelous!!! I love it so much!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a beautiful card!

Jodi said...

Very pretty card! Love your take on the spotlight challenge! It's a fun challenge and if you have a stamp that involves lots of coloring, at least you only have to color a small portion of it. lol.
Hugs
Jodi =)

Joy said...

pretty card! love the embossing and the colors are so rich! this is a perfect card for Christmas! TFS!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Maria, so so rich looking! Love your heat embossing!
Erin x

Cathy said...

This is really stunning!! Maria, WOW, just beautiful!! That image is so pretty and you used it just perfectly. Hugs, Cathy

Elena said...

Gorgeous Christmas card! Love the golden embossing and spotlight technique!

Cindy said...

Maria, this is just awesome. I love the colors you chose, and the way it looks like the shepherd is watching over the Madonna and Child. TFS! I hope to get a card in for this challenge later this week. Hugs, Cindy E.

Tina said...

great card! love the way the popped image is distinctive...amazing

Risa said...

Maria, your card is stunning! I love the beautiful colors..so rich and pretty and the gold sets it off! Super awesome job!!!
hugs
Risa:)

Randi said...

This is such a stunning, elegant card Maria!! I love that deep burgandy/red with the gold!
This layout is amazing. I can see so many possibilities with this!! Thanks for sharing and getting my Christmas mojo warmed up. I always tell myself I'll start early....
:o)

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful card Maria! I love the colors, the dry embossing... very elegant... hope you are feeling better!

scrappingnana said...

Your card is beautiful. TFS

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous holiday card, Maria! I love the embossing and the spotlighting!!! That ribbon is extra yummy too!

Diane said...

Absolutely stunning Maria!!!
Sometimes we have to be greatful of what we have...you have a daughter to drive to school everyday!! Hugs to you Maria!!!

Christine said...

Wow, stunning!! I love all the embossing. The combination of textures is beautiful. Gorgeous work, Maria!!
xoxo, Christine

Norine said...

this is so pretty love the rich colors and the gold
100 miles a day is a lot

Hugs
Norine

Unknown said...

This is stunning Maria. Love the colour of the Cs and the image is perfect.
Viv xx

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Maria, this is so beautiful! I love the CB folder you used and need to find me one.

Rleen said...

Maria, this is fabulous! I love the colors and the embossing. TFS!

doris said...

Beautiful card Maria!!

Hugs
Doris xx

Ila said...

Wow!! this card is so Beautiful and so Elegant..I love it!!..the embossing is Fantastic!!...Hugs, Ila

Ida said...

Wow I like this card and I think the "Spotlight" technique worked great. Love your embossed background.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |